birding-aus

Mornington Peninsula National Park dog walking review

To: Michael Tarburton <>
Subject: Mornington Peninsula National Park dog walking review
From: Dave Torr <>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 11:12:07 +1100
There seems to be a strange reluctance in local councils to enforce local
by-laws - and not just in this area. I am sure for example that if our
local council sent someone round to fine all the people parking on nature
strips they would more than cover their costs. Dog off-lead areas are
another area where I assume councils have the responsibility but seem to do
nothing. I have lived in Werribee for around 10 years, walk my dogs (on
lead!) every day in an "on-lead" area and I would see dogs off-lead every
day - but not once in that time have I seen a council by-laws officer.