birding-aus

2012 Birdlife Victoria Twitchathon

To: <>
Subject: 2012 Birdlife Victoria Twitchathon
From: "Paul Dodd" <>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 21:21:23 +1100
Hi all,

I know that Russell mentioned the 2012 Birdlife Victoria Twitchathon
recently. This is a reminder that it is on next weekend (17/18 November).
It's not too late to enter! Forms are available for download from:
http://www.birdlife.org.au/locations/all-victoria-statewide/conservation-ini
tiatives-vic

This year we are using BirdLife Australia's money handling facilities - all
sponsorship funds can be deposited directly to Birdlife Australia - and they
will issue receipts directly to the sponsors. From next year we will also be
moving to a fully automated registration process too which should make it
easier.

Also, I received a phone call from an ABC Radio National presenter/producer
today. He is interested in running a story on Radio National about the
Twitchathon and would very much like to participate with THREE or FOUR teams
on the day. Presumably he'll interview participants during the drives
between stops, but he would also very much like to experience the event
itself. He does have some birdwatching experience, but will participate as
an observer only. I know that the logistics will be difficult, especially
the "hand-over" between teams as technically we don't know each other's
routes. If you are interested in having an observer during a part of the
day, please let me know. Also, if you're an experienced Twitchathon
participant, or you have interesting stories about the event to tell, please
let me know (with your contact details) and I'll let him know.

Thanks,

Paul Dodd

Docklands, Victoria