birding-aus

RE. tagged waders

To: <>, <>
Subject: RE. tagged waders
From: Kailash Willis <>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 13:30:17 +1100

Hi Greg and all, Banded waders can be reported to
Given the return of migratory waders this is probably a timely reminder to us
all to keep an eye out for banded birds.i understand that this can be a
contentious issue, and have no intention of opening that can of worms again,
however i'm sure that we can all agree that information gained from reporting
banded birds contributes to both our understanding of various species migratory
habits as well as the conservation efforts of several organisations
information reported should consist of the species that was flagged, the
location of sighting, the date and the different coloured bands (which leg/s
the band are on)  further information as well as an online reporting form can
be found on the Australian Wader Study Groups website
http://www.awsg.org.au/flagging.php Happy birding, Kailash