birding-aus

Little Egret feet colour

Subject: Little Egret feet colour
From: brian fleming <>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 16:36:42 +1100
Yesterday I photographed a Little Egret in beautiful breeding plumage at Point Cook Coastal Park. I have uploaded two photos to the Birdlife Photo gallery site (look up via Birdlife and former BOCA site). The picture of the bird with one foot raised shows some pale colour on the soles of the toes - I wouldn't really call it yellow.

This time last year I photographed a non-breeding Little Egret at Lotus-Bird Lodge, on Cape York. It has yellow soles and a yellow streak right up the inside of the leg, running up above the leg-joint (heel or hock).

Anthea Fleming