birding-aus

Bali swiftlet ID

Subject: Bali swiftlet ID
From: Christopher Watson <>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 19:30:13 +0930
G'day all,

This might be pushing my luck after already seeking assistance on that
tattler ID this morning (it's a juvenile Grey-tailed, a decent rarity for
The Alice - thanks to all respondents!), but I'm on the hunt again.

A friend has been on a trip to Bali and sent through some photos of what my
best guess suggests is one of the SE Asian swiftlets. I'm out of my depth
with these species, so if there is anyone who is a bit more comfy with
these tricky little buggers, I'd love to get your opinion.

I've stuck the pictures here;
http://comebirdwatching.blogspot.com.au/p/id-help.html

Not technically "Aus" birding, but with the winds we're getting in Alice at
the moment, I'm sure one of these is bound to blow on to our list sooner or
later.

Thanks again.

Chris Watson

--