birding-aus

Opinions on black and white Oystercatcher please

To: Dimitris Bertzeletos <>, Birding Australia <>
Subject: Opinions on black and white Oystercatcher please
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 06:11:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Dimitris,

Photo 1: I can't really see much white at the base of the primaries and
secondaries. It looks more like reflecting light in these areas. The white
pattern of the underwing coverts doesn't look too bad for a 'regular'
Australian Pied Oystercatcher.
Photo 2: Yes, classic Australian Pied Oystercatcher and two Sooties.
Photo 3: The bird doesn't look particularly short-legged and long- and
thin-billed. Especially in comparison to Photo 4.
Additional Photo: Yes, I agree, this one doesn't look too bad for a 'regular'
Australian Pied Oystercatcher.

Cheers,

Nikolas

Nikolas Haass