birding-aus

Trip Report: Brisbane to Iron Range and back.

To: <>, <>
Subject: Trip Report: Brisbane to Iron Range and back.
From: "Steve Potter" <>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:47:03 +0930
Hi Steve,
We too were up at Iron Range around that time (Aug 21-28) see D Kowalick's
report - Sept 18.

Armed with Tim Dolby's "Kid in the Lolly shop" report we envisaged driving
up to the first patch of rainforest in Iron Range, pulling out the deck
chairs, putting on the billy, ticking all the targets, and swapping our
still warm cuppa for a celebratory brew!

Unfortunately we were somewhat deflated in our enthusiasm, but only for a
moment as we kicked in to 4 days of "Kid on an egg hunt on Easter Sunday"
mode and slowly and painstakingly started pegging back these truly amazing
birds in an idyllic setting where one "just enjoyed the privilege of being
there".

Awesome

Steve Potter
p. 0407398234
e.

Trip Report: Brisbane to Iron Range and back. (Long) Part2

from [
<http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=%2Bfr
om%3Asjmurray3%40bigpond.com&idxname=birding-aus&sort=date%3Alate> Stephen
Murray]
[Permanent
<http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/cgi-bin/mesg.cgi?a=birding-aus
&i=BLU0-SMTP11123D3BB3C9A99F0733366E6930%40phx.gbl>  Link][Original
<http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/cgi-bin/extract-mesg.cgi?a=bir
ding-aus&m=2012-09&i=BLU0-SMTP11123D3BB3C9A99F0733366E6930%40phx.gbl> ]