birding-aus

Gouldians at Coomalie Creek N.T

To: Savannah Hardy <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Gouldians at Coomalie Creek N.T
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:12:49 +0930
Hi Kirri
That is an interesting record.  Gouldian Finches were found in Darwin until
about 1976 then appeared to retreat inland.  I didn't find them in a
biological survey of the Manton Dam region north of Coomalie Creek in the
mid-1980s although they were present in low numbers to the east around the
same time.  Perhaps one day we'll find them again in the Darwin area!

Kind regards

Denise Lawungkurr Goodfellow
1/7 Songlark Street,
Bakewell, NT 0832
043 8650 835

PhD candidate, SCU
Vice-chair, Wildlife Tourism Australia
Nominated for the Condé Nast international ecotourism award, 2004 by the
renowned American website, Earthfoot.
Wildlife Adviser, BBC¹s ?Deadly 60¹

Birds of Australia's Top End and Quiet Snake Dreaming available on
amazon.com
A second edition of Fauna of Australia¹s Top End used by the University of
NSW as a text for 12 years is now under preparation.

www.denisegoodfellow.com