birding-aus

mystery call

To: Steve Davidson <>,
Subject: mystery call
From: Marc Anderson <>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 09:54:34 +1000
Hi Steve,

glad you mentioned it - I went along with the rest on Rose Robin by the fact of being clearly outvoted - but I have never heard Rose Robin make this call. I know the Rose Robin's normal song well - like a "dit dit-dit-dit-dit deeeuw deeeuw" with the last two notes falling at the end rather than rising. At least that's what they sound like in Royal NP - I appreciate they can have different local 'accents' as well.

I'd like to hear a recording of this particular or similar call from Brush Cuckoo &/or Rose Robin to confirm the ID.

Thanks

Marc