birding-aus

Fwd: Keep Hunters Out of New South Wales Parks

To: "Chris Brandis" <>
Subject: Fwd: Keep Hunters Out of New South Wales Parks
From: David Stowe <>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 20:44:16 +1000
Hi Chris,
If the proposal is indeed for "carefully selected vermin controllers" to
operate in a controlled way (ie closing areas of the park etc, supervised so
that there aren't multiple shooters parties in the same area etc) then i think
it is a very different discussion.
I would honestly love to be pointed to the details of this please if you have
them as I would love to see the facts of it.

In terms of numbers of people dying compared to other sources - I don't think
any new way of people being killed is acceptable. One death due to a poorly
constructed political manoeuvring is one death too many sorry. Especially a
death that could be prevented. And i don't care if the death is the death of a
hunter or birdwatcher - they are all people.
I'm sorry if that sounds emotive - it is certainly meant as honest rational
query and concern.

Cheers
Dave