birding-aus

Grey Grasswrens and how to boost high frequency hearing

To: Judith Hoyle <>
Subject: Grey Grasswrens and how to boost high frequency hearing
From: Gary Wright <>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 18:09:17 +0930
Hi Judith

Thanks for info.  I have been assessed as borderline for hearing aids so
haven't gone that path.  My hearing loss is in the high frequencies.  My
brother is completely deaf in one ear but can hear well out of the other.
 We are like Mac and Myer for hire when we go birdwatching together as he
can hear the bird but doesn't know where it is(only one ear hearing) and if
I could hear it I would know where it was!  When you say the recorder is
directional I assume it wouldn't help in his case, but only mine?

Gary