birding-aus

birding and glasses

To: <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>
Subject: birding and glasses
From: "Arwen B. Ximenes" <>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:32:11 +1000
Hi all,

thanks so much for these ... insights... (sorry).

Very interesting to hear people's experiences, would be glad to hear more.
Especially good to know about the issue with the multifocals' gradation, Greg,
thanks, glad they work better for you now.
Rob and Dave - contact lenses - yes, I had wondered about those but thought
maybe try glasses first - but if it makes such a difference in terms of ease of
use maybe it's worth more consideration. I haven't looked into cost of contacts
- the multifocals are expensive and I already have reading glasses so I could
just change the lenses on those if I got contacts or single focus and I think
it would be a lot cheaper.
Bill, I have astigmatism too, and glare makes it worse, hence the need for
sunglasses in the field (or anywhere) - I thought the fitover ones would be
good but it's probably more cumbersome taking them off to look through the
bins, though I won't be able to buy prescription ones for a while either.

I'm still thinking multifocals sound like the way to go, I'm just baulking at
the price tag.

sounds like having glasses is going to be very annoying, but if they get rid of
the headaches I'll put up with them.

thanks,
Arwen
Arwen Blackwood Ximenes