birding-aus

IOC3.1 Checklist - free!

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: IOC3.1 Checklist - free!
From: Carl Billingham <>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 03:24:28 -0700 (PDT)
Hi folks,

I have been trying to get my world list in order, in line with the new IOC 3.1
list.  To this end I have been working on an excel spreadsheet using the online
IOC 3.1 excel template which includes drop down menus for all
currently accepted sub-species.

I have designed it to work out my world tally based on my recent trips so it is
just a totals list and doesnt allow for comments or locations to be included,
although it could easily be modifed to include this if you wish.  It has a drop
down menu to allow quick access to specific families (this is needed
with 10,868 species and over 32,000 lines of family/species/sub-species
data!).  It also works out the number of extinct species and calculates a
families sighted list as well.  If anybody is interested in a copy of the draft
spreadsheet for their own record keeping please let me know.

Also I have updated my old C&B excel spreadsheet to IOC3.1 including name
changes and sub-species (so basically it is an IOC list but in the old C&B
order).  This spreadsheet is a bit older than the one above (which was done
last weekend) but allows you to include comments and notes on locations seen.

It provides an IOC total, C&B total, IOC mainland total, C&B mainland total,
which makes it easy to provide your details for input into Tony Pallisers web
page.  Again it has a drop down menu for quick navigation to different
families.  If you want a copy of this let me know, but bear in mind you will
need to clean out all of my existing sightings (sorry getting lazy in my old
age;-)

Please note, all care no responsibility in terms of calculation errors but it
looks pretty good to me.

Cheers,

Carl