birding-aus

Shy Albatross vs White-capped Albatross

To: "'Jeremy O'Wheel'" <>, "'birding-aus'" <>
Subject: Shy Albatross vs White-capped Albatross
From: "Jeff Davies" <>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 23:21:41 +1000
G'day Jeremy,

I have also been looking at the under-wing issue between these two for the
last couple of years and have found equal variation of blackness in the
under-primaries for both. The bill colour seems to be a good feature
however. I will look closer at these two birds next year but would be very
interested to hear any other insights into this pair you may uncover
yourself.

Cheers Jeff.