birding-aus

Using people??? to find Night Parrots

To: "Philip Veerman" <>
Subject: Using people??? to find Night Parrots
From: Allan Richardson <>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 17:30:02 +1000
Yeah I know Phil - only mentioned the lapwing example, because there were a lot
of folk that would have liked to respond immediately, but the "drop everything
and drive out hundreds of km to tick" (highly motivating for many) just isn't
possible for large numbers of folk. And the lapwing was only just out past the
outer edge of the western slopes of NSW - a Night Parrot sighting could be much
further, excepting of course Chris's recent experience.

Allan