birding-aus

RFI Brisbane and surrounds

To: " net. au'" <>
Subject: RFI Brisbane and surrounds
From: "Paul G Dodd" <>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 21:41:36 +1000
Hi birders,

Ruth and I have decided to have a spontaneous long weekend in fabulous
Brisbane and the surrounds I have already booked flights - flying up
tomorrow (Friday) evening to the Gold Coast, and flying back from Brisbane
on Monday evening.

We intend going birding, of course! We have a number of "targets" - only
some of which are achievable:

Bush-hen

Wandering Tattler

Red-backed Button-quail

Black-breasted Button-quail

Grass Owl

Rufous Scrub-bird

Squatter Pigeon

And Ruth would like a better view of an Albert's Lyrebird.

I was thinking that we could have one day south of Brisbane - maybe
O'Reilly's, and one day on the Sunshine Coast (Wandering Tattler - is it
still around?) and as far north as Inskip Point for the Black-breasted
Button-quail. This will still give us one spare day. I must admit that I
don't really have any sites in mind (other than Inskip Point) for the
species, and any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Paul Dodd

Docklands, Victoria