birding-aus

RFI - Birding around Chiltern & Wangaratta (Lastest Sightings)

Subject: RFI - Birding around Chiltern & Wangaratta (Lastest Sightings)
From: Chris Ross <>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 21:15:13 +1000
Hi Richard,

I was in Chiltern area, May 22 to May 28. I didn't do a lot of birding and did not see your target species. I did get to Honeyeater Picnic area, Mt Pilot summit and to Bartley's Paddock. There was not a lot flowering when I was there, I think I saw one tree in flower on the roadside and a few in bud at different spots, including Bartley's. I had Flame robin on Mt Pilot summit along with some other common species. At Bartley's paddock I had Red Capped Robin and a few honeyeaters such as fuscous and yellow tufted. Weather was not the best with a cold rainy conditions for a couple of days. Honeyeater picnic area was very quiet when I was there. Bartley's paddock is a partly cleared area just off the road 2.9 km due north of town. The other areas are marked on the National Park map available on line from parks Victoria. Did find a koala walking down the middle of the road halfway to Beechworth, which we chased off the road.

regards,

Chris Ross