birding-aus

Using dogs to find Night Parrots

To: 'Stephen Murray' <>, "" <>, 'Andrew Stafford' <>, " net. au'" <>
Subject: Using dogs to find Night Parrots
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 09:03:11 +1000
I had a couple of thoughts about this:
- With all this talk of training dogs, and conducting mass searches, presumably
many times in quite remote locations, it's sounding very expensive. Is this the
most efficient way to go about it?
- If someone found one, what should they do? I'm thinking that apart from
knowing where they are, the next most important thing we lack is recordings of
them. It may be that many people have heard them but didn't realise. Are the
people who are searching for them carrying recording equipment?

Peter Shute