birding-aus

Busy day in Adelaide

To: "" <>
Subject: Busy day in Adelaide
From: Tony Keene <>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 20:57:38 +0930
Looked a busy day for bird in Adelaide today - on an hour's walk to work, we started off with a pile of lorikeets and Noisy Miners around Parkside, along with a small group of Dusky Woodswallows gliding past and a metric shed-load of Crested Pigeons. Plenty more lorikeets and rosellas (both Adelaide and Eastern) in the parklands. Best of all was a trio of parrots in the CBD. On the way back, my other half saw an Eastern Spinebill near the house, which is the first either of us has seen in this part of the suburbs since we moved here. Even the kids noticed the large numbers of birds moving about on the way home from school, while at work, there were more Adelaide Rosellas and a large family of New Holland Honeyeaters around the uni's chemistry department.
Definitely bringing the camera out to work tomorrow...
Maybe some of the birds are heading down out of the hills, given the recent cooler weather and rain? I've not been here long enough to notice seasonal movements in the area.
Cheers,

Tony