birding-aus

Tongan Whistler

To: "Ross Macfarlane" <>
Subject: Tongan Whistler
From: Michael Tarburton <>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:37:17 +1000
G'day Ross

This comparison with the Fijian Whistler, depends on which Form you are talking about. On Ono Island in Fiji the Male is bright yellow from bill to vent, no white throat or black band. Fiji also has several other variations.

Any way glad you saw the Tongan one - I have not.

Cheers

Mike
Michael Tarburton