birding-aus

Angus Innes and the Princess sighting at New Haven

Subject: Angus Innes and the Princess sighting at New Haven
From: "Donald G. Kimball" <>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 15:44:46 -0700
Just a response regarding his comments about Princess Parrot
*

Thank you for the very newsy e-mail Carl.  The Centre sounds fabulous at
the moment. Life givng rain in abundance producing a blooming desert and
lifers for Kay. A fly-past of 42 Princess parrots,  "eat your heart out
Donald Kimble!"*
*
*
All I can say is that its wonderful to be acknowledged as one who is so
fascinated by my Aussie mates' beautiful parrot the Princess that I would
warrant this fun poke in the ribs from Angus.  I would indeed LOVE to have
seen 42 of them Angus!  I still cant believe I saw the ones I did at
jupiter well.  But 42?   That would be insane.  On my dream list is coming
to Aus to volunteer as a field technician to study the species.

By the way I saw no upside down plants at all at Jupiter Well in Sept of
2008 although Greg Little was much more a savvy botanist than I for sure!
 Perhaps he saw some.  Greg.....?
As pertaining to my botanical skills, I was just learning what Spinifex
was!
Congratulations to all who have enjoyed seeing this lovely bird at NewHaven
and other places.  Fantastic to hear about!

Don Kimball
http://polytelismedia.wordpress.com/