birding-aus

J W Lewin

To: "'Robert Inglis'" <>, "'Birding-Aus'" <>
Subject: J W Lewin
From: "Roger Giller" <>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 22:51:07 +1000
In conjunction with the publishing of the book The State Library of NSW
currently has an exhibition called "Lewin: Wild Art" I visited yesterday and
found it fascinating. A good selection of his original drawings is on
display, and it is interesting to compare them with those of modern artists
and illustrators.

Of course many of the bird names have changed since Lewin drew them,
probably more than once.  I think Regent Honeyeater is a much better name
than Warty-faced Honeysucker.

The exhibition runs until May 27.

Cheers

Roger.