birding-aus

Birding video going viral!

To: birding-nz <>, Baus <>, "" <>,
Subject: Birding video going viral!
From: Gunnar Engblom <>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:32:25 -0500
"Here we go" - sorry for crossposting.

There is video on YouTube about birding and us birders that is going viral
since yesterday by Jason Kessler http://youtu.be/NaX7i1Q7-Rw. It is very
funny. It has almost 15000 views in only 3 days. I managed to get an
interview with Jason here
http://birdingblogs.com/2012/Gunnar/shit-birders-say and you can also watch
the video there. And there is a small competition there as well. Can you
guess how many views the clip will have by May 3?

Now what strikes me is that it would be fantastic if this short video could
reach say a million viewers. Why? It would have an tremendous impact
bridging to non-birders. The combination of this view of birders and the
one that is showing on the film the Big Year makes a fuller picture what
birding is all about. The struggles with identification and problems of
pointing out a bird to someone.

I ask you please to send/share the video or my blogpost to all birders you
know or anyone you know who has seen The Big Year movie.

Have a laugh...maybe you even recognize yourself.

--
Gunnar Engblom-Lima, Peru.
Gunnar's Blog <http://www.kolibriexpeditions.com/birdingperu/blog/> ´