birding-aus

Off Topic - Australian Explorers

To: "'Peter Ewin'" <>, "'? birding-aus'" <>
Subject: Off Topic - Australian Explorers
From: "David & Liz Parker" <>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 15:29:07 +1100
Peter,

I have been doing a bit of such reading and collecting of sources over time.
If you don't mind reading on the computer or have an Ipad then I would
thoroughly recommend a website called  a free online
resource offered by The University of Adelaide. Follow the link below to
authors listed alphabetically, and scroll to the relevant person.

http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/meta/authors.html#S

Another useful online resource is the Project Gutenberg Australia site which
has a range of explorer journals on it, and biographies.

http://gutenberg.net.au/explorers.html

Otherwise, there are a range of Australiana publications including facsimile
and parliamentary editions are available from the State Library of South
Australia.

http://www.australianapublications.org.au/

Hopefully this will get you, and others started.

Cheers
Dave