birding-aus

Re Feedback on Rockjumpers tours - a response from Rockjumper

To: <>
Subject: Re Feedback on Rockjumpers tours - a response from Rockjumper
From: Adam Riley <>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 23:15:10 +0200
Dear Birding-Aus members

I would like to thank the many people who have emailed me with supportive
comments during this debate.

Before hopefully laying this matter to rest I would like to make a final
statement with regard to my response to Rob's complaints re one of
Rockjumper's 2011 PNG tours. I commented that I wondered whether Rob was
motivated to publicly air his complaints, some of which we felt were very
unfair, due to the fact that his brother works for a competing tour company.
I have subsequently discussed this with Rob's brother (whom I count among my
friends) and he explained a few things to me and was at pains to ensure I
realised that he had nothing to do with Rob's post and felt that Rob's post
was not in any way related to this fact. This I
completely accept and I would like to retract this conjecture. Furthermore,
I would like to state that I have no problem with Rob airing his complaints
on this forum, he has every right to do so, my conjecture was related to the
fact that he did not want to raise them directly with Rockjumper so any
issues could be addressed, but instead raised them publicly.

I look forward to remaining a member of Birding-Aus and being part of more
pleasant and bird-related discussions in future!

Kindest regards

Adam Riley
Managing Director
Rockjumper Birding Tours CC
³If you want to be successful, it's just this simple. Know what you are
doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing.² Will
Rodgers