birding-aus

Unusual Horsfield's Bronze-cuckoo call (Altona, vic)

To: "Birding-aus (E-mail)" <>
Subject: Unusual Horsfield's Bronze-cuckoo call (Altona, vic)
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 09:27:51 +1100
Last weekend I recorded what I assumed was a Horsfield's Bronze-cuckoo at
Cheetham Wetland. The sun was behind it, and it flew before I could get close
enough for a definite visual id, but it looked the right size and shape.

Instead of the typical series of single descending calls, it was making double
descending calls. It sounded like its voice was breaking mid note.

Has anyone heard this before? The recording is here:
http://soundcloud.com/petershute/horsfields-bronze-cuckoo

Peter Shute