birding-aus

The Macquarie Island Bird Toll Arising from Rodent Control in Context

To: Mike Honeyman <>
Subject: The Macquarie Island Bird Toll Arising from Rodent Control in Context
From: "Jeremy O'Wheel" <>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 00:31:17 +1100
I think it would be really great if anybody with some good birding
qualifications (I mean that look good when you sign your name at the end)
could write an email to the main Tassie paper - The Mercury - explaining the
situation. - You can do it via their website -

http://www.themercury.com.au/opinion/index.html

Abetz will probably be a senator until he retires, but it can't hurt to
correct the facts, and I think it's especially important now because the
state government is in massive financial trouble, with a $100+ million hole
in the budget due to reduced GST revenue from the federal government, and so
have to cut public funding everywhere.  It's easy to imagine that
environmental spending like Macquarie Island will be cut, especially if it's
also hurting the government politically.

Jeremy O'Wheel

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 10:55 PM, Mike Honeyman <