birding-aus

R N Stint w 2 flags WTP

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: R N Stint w 2 flags WTP
From: jenny spry <>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 20:38:45 +1100
Hi all,

A late report because I forgot about it until today when I was down at
Werribee. Last Monday, 3/10, there was a Red-necked Stint at the Western
Lagoon with two flags on the right leg. The lower flag, resting on the
ankle, was yellow and the one above it, on the tibia, was a dark orange
maybe tending to red. When I saw the bird I thought the to flag was orange
but it was at a distance and there was some heat haze. I have a bad photo
and in the shade of the bird's body the flag has a definite red tinge.

I am curious if anyone can tell me about where the bird may have been
banded.

cheers

Jen