birding-aus

Access to Eastlakes Golf Course

To: "'Tony Keene'" <>, "'Carl Clifford'" <>
Subject: Access to Eastlakes Golf Course
From: "Bob Cook" <>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 11:32:51 +1100
Actually, as a birder & golfer, it is very frustrating.  Golf courses,
especially in rural areas, are generally excellent birdwatching environments
but you cannot hold up your playing partners during a game to pull out the
binos to check them out.

As examples, I have had a Wedge-tailed Eagle "hang" no more than 20 metres
over my head as I was about to tee off at Trentham, a group of Swift Parrots
in the trees alongside the 9th fairway at Castlemaine and a group of
Gang-gang Cockatoos happily munching away about 20 metres to the side of a
green at Hepburn Springs.

A better definition of golf is "a good walk ruined"!!

Bob Cook