birding-aus

Jonathon Frantzen on Margaret Throsby

To: "Chris King" <>, "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Jonathon Frantzen on Margaret Throsby
From: "Alan Gillanders" <>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 09:04:23 +1000
Yes, with his love of crakes and rails I thought he was going to mention the Red-necked Crake on the lawns of Lake Barrine and his request to it, "Can't you act just a bit furtive."

I thought that the choice of Petrushka as a reflection of his writing style was telling. I like the way Stravinsky hints at what might be coming in a way that opens up possibilities I had not thought of before. Actually I think Stravinsky does this better than Franzen but I've listened to more Stravinsky than I've read Franzen.

Regards,
Alan