birding-aus

RFI Rock Parrot and Perth-Bunbury birding

To: <>, Birding-Aus <>
Subject: RFI Rock Parrot and Perth-Bunbury birding
From: John Graff <>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:04:48 +0800
Hi Arwen,

I'm assuming you mean Point Peron near Rockingham? If so, then no chance,
unfortunately! I suspect you would have to be very lucky to get Rock Parrots
anywhere between Perth and Bunbury but I could be wrong as I don't know the
Bunbury area that well

Wungong Gorge isn't as good as it used to be, but the wren and firetail should
be there somewhere. An alternative site for these (and other south-west
endemics) is Victoria Dam, which is probably better for firetail now. However,
Wungong may be more conveniently located for a side trip on the way to Bunbury.

Cheers,
John