birding-aus

Masked Owl Sturt Highway Wagga Wagga

Subject: Masked Owl Sturt Highway Wagga Wagga
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 19:55:37 +1000

Seen this morning roosting beside busy Sturt Highway at 10am on
the main road into town. It was in a deciduous tree with very little
spring growth so very much out in the open beside the road. It
was flushed by my grandchildren getting out for a look!!

        I searched later this afternoon and found about the owl 1 km away in
a eucalpyt on the roadside - in fact at 242 Sturt Highway. Bob and
Penne Carr came down and also took photos.

        Cheers,

        Judy