birding-aus

CORRECTION: White-winged Chough in Sandringham, VIC

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: CORRECTION: White-winged Chough in Sandringham, VIC
From: "michael norris" <>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 21:19:06 +1000
Dear list-users

Here's what i should have sent:

Yesterday (10 August) a White-winged Chough was by the Council offices in Royal Avenue at 10am and 1.30pm with the identity checked in a field guide (including the red eye....). The observers thought it might have been injured (but they do often droop their wings anyhow).

This is the first record I know of relating to a bird on the ground in the City of Bayside. In 2004 there was a report of 6 or 7 probable Choughs flying over.

PLEASE delete my earlier posting (about 3 hours ago) on this topic.

I am embarassed and ashamed that I failed to send it as Bcc, and in consequence that I breached my promises to a number of people.

Michael Norris