birding-aus

"Commic" tern at Hillarys Boat Harbour

To: <>, Birds WA E-Mail List <>
Subject: "Commic" tern at Hillarys Boat Harbour
From: John Graff <>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 11:02:11 +0800
Further to yesterday's posting, Jeff Davies has kindly looked at a few photos
of the bird and confirmed that the bird is an Arctic Tern (1st summer), so this
may be a good chance to see this species, which is a rare visitor to the Perth
coast. I haven't heard any further reports (positive or negative) since
yesterday morning.
It's possible that it arrived during the bout of strong westerlies that blew
through late last week, over last weekend and into the start of this week.
Cheers,John