birding-aus

Birdline South Australia Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline South Australia Weekly Update
Date: 1 Aug 2011 01:30:47 +1000

Birdline South Australia

Published sightings for the week ending 31 Jul 2011.

Wed 27 Jul White-bellied Sea-Eagle 34 50S 138 28E 1' Cell
White-bellied Sea-Eagle (1) Lone bird seen flying low above beach coming from North Haven direction. Turned in a low arc over playground by Semaphore jetty before flying east over housing towards Port Adelaide. Being pursued by two Australian Magpies and a Magpie Lark.
David Hartland

Tue 26 Jul Buff Banded Rail 41 Everard Avenue Ashford South Australia
I have sighted this small bird twice over the last few days. We have five units and it is seen feeding around our extensive garden area, including the front garden where traffic is quite heavy. I have a small video of the bird and a photo I took... thanks for allowing me the pleasure of reporting this small bird. I was wondering if they can fly as we have 4 cats in our homes.
Noelene Stewart

Sun 24 Jul Purple-gaped Honeyeater Ferries-McDonald CP
Plenty of Purple-gaped Honeyeaters around, calling constantly and occasionally coming close enough to id. I walked up the road through the park to the top of the hill, and they were the only honeyeater species I saw. Plenty of Southern Scrub-robin calling and occasionally glimpsed, and I heard a couple of Shy Heathwrens.
Peter Shute

Fri 1 Jul Grey Falcon Gluepot access road - 13.8 kms south of Gluepot gate

Noel Luff

Birdline South Australia is sponsored by Eremaea Birds and co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds.