birding-aus

RFI Sydney - Nowra next week

Subject: RFI Sydney - Nowra next week
From: "Colin R" <>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:27:38 +1000
Hi All

Stu Warren and I plan to be in the Sydney to Nowra area at the
end of next week (Thurs 21st - Sun 24th). We are intending to
visit Barren Grounds and Royal Nat Pk but are flexible within
those dates.
We are specifically targeting
     Eastern Bristlebird
     Pilotbird
     Rockwarbler
     Gang-gang Cockatoo.
We have had some advice regarding the EB and PB (thanks Edwin) as
regards Barren Grounds, but believe Rockwarbler and Gang-Gangs
may be more difficult.

I was hoping to ask anyone who has recent experiences with either
of these birds (or in fact any of them!) in the approximate area
if they could email me by next Wednesday or if they see any AFTER
that date, i.e.between Wednesday and Sunday could you txt me on
0412 522 962?

We understand the GGs move around in winter and so locating a
flock/pair/bird is chancy to say the least! GPS or an address
would be great, we will have a Tomtom with us.

We'd really appreciate any up to date info anyone may be able to
provide and thank you in advance. We also plan to seawatch from
Magic Pt so may be bump in to some of you there?

Cheers

Colin and Stu.
--
  Colin Reid