birding-aus

re golden bower bird

To: <>, birding-aus threads <>
Subject: re golden bower bird
From: martin cachard <>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 07:07:34 +1030
Hi Neil

Try Mt Hypipamee NP at dawn - just hang around the carpark & wait - a male
sometimes forages in the large trees in the carpark at the northern end. Also
you may have noticed recent reports from there along the entrance rd.

I've usually been lucky though just by waiting very early in the am in the
carpark - lots of Satin BBirds come down onto the lawns & coppers logs around
there too at this time of day before all the tourists flock in.

Try Longlands Gap & Ravenshoe State Forests too if this site fails.

Cheers

Martin Cachard
Cairns
0428 782 808