birding-aus

Birdline ACT Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline ACT Weekly Update
Date: 20 Jun 2011 01:30:11 +1000

Birdline ACT

Published sightings for the week ending 19 Jun 2011.

Sat 18 Jun Diamond Firetails and Hooded Robin Outside Tidbinbilla Gate
A flock of about 8 Diamond Firetails and one Hooded Robin (M)
Duncan McCaskill

Yellow-tufted Honeyeater and Hooded Robins Tidbinbilla - Gibraltar Rocks Trail
7 spp of honeyeaters including Yellow-tufted, Crescent and Brown-headed close to the carpark. Also a family group of 3 Hooded Robins and lots of Scarlets
Sue Lashko

Crescent Honeyeater Australian National Botanic Gardens
Crescent Honeyeater (2) One female seen in flowering low eucalypt in section 100. Watched for some minutes as it foraged for nectar. Another seen in tall eucalypt at edge of Rock Garden
Kim and Geoff Larmour

Thu 16 Jun Tawny Frogmouth Booth Crescent, Cook
Pair of Tawny Frogmouths in a tree in front yard of a house in Booth Crescent. They have been there through rain, hail and shine (and Pied Crrawongs trying to drive them off) for over 2 months.
Trish Fletcher

Wed 15 Jun Yellow-tufted Honeyeater Ainslie
A single bird in our garden, third winter in a row we have recorded this species
Steve Holliday

Mon 13 Jun Hooded Robin, Brown Treecreeper, Speckled Warbler, Diamond Firetail Tharwa Sandwash
At Tharwa Sandwash this afternoon I was delighted to see Hooded Robin, Brown Treecreeper, Speckled Warbler and Diamond Firetail, all close together and amongst many other more common smaller birds. This is the first time that I've seen these four together in the ACT.
Matthew Frawley

Birdline ACT is sponsored by Eremaea Birds and co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds.