birding-aus

Australian Birding

To: <>
Subject: Australian Birding
From: "Ken Logan" <>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 11:27:13 +0200
We are two first time- South African visitors birding our way from Cairns to
Melbourne in a Campervan and flying on to Tasmania and Perth. Arriving Aug
12 th and departing Sept 2oth we expect pleasant weather in Queensland but
are not sure how cold it gets in NSW and Victoria and how this impacts on
the birding and the migration timings of your birds. We have used the
birdingpal website extensively and corresponded with 3 or 4 really helpful
people.

I would just like to ask- given the time of year we are there- how to use
most productively the 3/4 days we are spending in the Sydney area (eg have
been told the Blue mtns will be chilly and quiet) and similarly the
Melbourne and Perth Areas (3 days in each). This is our first visit so all
the local endemics will be new for us.

So far we have not been able to find any one in Tasmania who might be able
to bird with us one day during our stay there from the 12-15th Sept. Any
contacts would be gratefully received.

Looking forward to some wonderful birding experiences in your enormous
country- fortunately we are used to putting in the miles in Southern Africa.
Anybody visiting Johnannesburg would be very welcome to look us up

Best wishes

Ken & Stephanie Logan