birding-aus

Solar panels and budgies?

To: "'Steve'" <>, "'Gary Oliver'" <>, <>
Subject: Solar panels and budgies?
From: "Tony Russel" <>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 15:34:40 +0930
Had a very similar experience with Scarlet-chested Parrots in Yumbarra
Conservation Park, north Of Ceduna, SA. Only a few birds but certainly
behaving as though the car roof was wet.  And yes, they seemed more
interested in the wet looking shiny paint than in keeping an eye on us.
This was in the early morning of a January day when temperatures frequently
reach 40+. Saw a similar thing another year at the same place when the temp
later reached 48.

Tony