birding-aus

Vale: Birds Queensland member Annette Cooke

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Vale: Birds Queensland member Annette Cooke
From: Neil Strode <>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 17:57:28 +1000
Fellow birding-aussers

Some of you will have known Annette Cooke who sadly passed away last Friday
after a long battle with a lung condition. Annette was an enthusiastic birder
and great organiser, and we shared the organisation of Birds Queensland camps
in the late 1990s. In addition, Annette was instrumental in organising some
great private camps to Outback Queensland, and I well remember the very first
one which took place in the depths of winter. Some thought it was madness to
head out there at that time, but we had a ball and it was a great introduction
to Outback birding

Annette's funeral will take place at 1.30pm on Tuesday 1st March at St Paul's
Anglican Church, Shore St, Cleveland, Qld

Condolences to Annette's family at this sad time

Neil Strode