birding-aus

Aldinga Scrub (SA) - 18-21 February

Subject: Aldinga Scrub (SA) - 18-21 February
From: Marnix Zwankhuizen <>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:05:16 +1100
I was in SA for a wedding over the weekend. We stayed at Aldinga Beach
adjacent to the conservation park. I wandered through the reserve most days.
The highlight was two separate flocks of Elegant Parrot - one of 8 and one
of 4 birds. I got some great close up views of the birds foraging. There
were plenty of Dusky Woodswallows, Welcome Swallows and Tree Martins hawking
over the grassland in the north near the Hart Street Wetlands. Golden-headed
Cisticola and Little Grassbird were quite easy to find in the sedges. Also
found a Singing Honeyeater here.

Apart from the Elegant Parrot, new birds for me were Adelaide Rosella (seen
near Meadows on road to Hahndorf) and Purple-crowned Lorikeet (at Willunga).

Cheers
Marnix