birding-aus

Wandering Tattler Location

To: "'Birding Aus'" <>
Subject: Wandering Tattler Location
From: "Mark and Amanda Young" <>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 09:28:05 +1100
G'day everyone,

I've had quite a few requests about its location overnight as I imagine
it'll be as photographed as the Black Noddy was last year.

It was seen at Long Reef. I saw the bird amongst the loose rocks yesterday
afternoon on the right hand side that the Grey-tailed Tattlers seem to
favour.

Please be cautious of the other shorebirds using the reef in that area too
as they've tended to favour that part of the reef when other people are
walking about on the reef.

I've included a map of the reef to show where to look. http://bit.ly/fZeNqs

Low tide would be best. I have spotted it on previous occasions at the roost
at high tide, but it tends to favour the very back part of the roost making
it hard to see.

I'll be at the reef again from 6pm for the next few nights. If anyone wants
a hand finding it, just email me and we'll make arrangements to meet at the
reef.

I'ld love to hear how you get on at finding it or not, so can you notify
here if you see it if that's OK with the admins?

Regards,

Mark