birding-aus

Albatrosses

To: <>
Subject: Albatrosses
From: "Geoffrey Jones" <>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 14:51:44 +1100
Good Afternoon Everyone

                                             I have just returned from
Thailand and photographed over 200 Species which I am still sorting out,
some of the birds that I photographed are vagrant to our shores and
territories such as Yellow Bittern, Cinnamon Bittern ( headshot only )
Forest Wagtail, Purple Heron, Chinese Pond Heron ( interesting in that
neither Chinese or Java Pond Heron can be identified unless in breeding
plumage )

Spotted Redshank and for all those wandering, yes I did also take long range
shots of the Spoonbill Sandpiper at both Pak Thal ( 2 ) and Ko Kham Salt
Pans ( 2 ) In the meantime here are a few shots of some least seen
Albatrosses which are Grey Headed, Chatham's and Salvin's taken on my recent
trip to the Subantarctic Islands last Nov.
http://barraimaging.com.au/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup I am heading
off to Townsville in the morning to see my eldest son who is going to East
Timor on Blackhawks for a 6 month stint, so the camera will stay at home and
I will be back online next Wednesday. I hope that all my friends in Qld and
country Vic are safe and well from the catastrophic rains that have hit both
areas

Kindest Regards

Geoff Jones

Barraimaging