birding-aus

Digiscoping and Night Parrots

To: <>
Subject: Digiscoping and Night Parrots
From: Simon Mustoe <>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 12:24:41 +1100
Happy New Birding Year!

We would like to thank all our readers for support in 2010. Bird-O
officially launched on 12 Jan and up to 31 Dec 2010, we’d received over
6,000 readers, including over 5,000 Australians. With information on
rarities, identification and heaps of glossy reports about birds on
Aussiebirding,
 the site has grown to over 2,000 visits a month and for that, we have
to thank our growing list of authors – at last count, 16 people had
written for us, with nearly 200 articles in all. In the coming weeks,
there’ll be more on subjects like plastic pollution in seabirds and a
review of the new Morecambe iPhone app. Let’s hope 2011 is as fruitful
as 2010.

There's been quite a bit of recent discussion about DIGISCOPING and a new
article has just appeared on Bird-O about this http://bird-o.com; If you
haven't already read about Night Parrots, take a look at Steve Murphy's great
article about the work he's been doing - fascinating stuff! OrPeruse Richard
Baxter's report about Cocos (currently the most read report on the Bird-O
wildiaries pages) http://birdo.wildiaries.com/trips/10396.
Don't forget, you can receive a monthly update about Bird-O articles to your
inbox by leaving your email in the green box that says "Newsletter" or ...

You can follow us on TWITTER. Twitter's the biggest thing since Facebook and
birders all over the world are taking it up...it's even named for us...surely
that has to be a good omen!
Join Twitter and you can even update your friends INSTANTLY about rarities from
your mobile phone, by just including @birdorarity anywhere in the tweet.
You can even follow our Aussie birdlines list at
http://twitter.com/#!/birdodotcom/aussie-birdlines - receive birding-aus,
birdlines and other rarity updates without anything ever reaching your email
inbox.

If 2011 is anywhere near as exciting as 2010, we'll be working twice as hard to
bring you the fun side of birding!

All the best,

The Bird-O team.

Visit BIRD-O at http://www.bird-o.com