birding-aus

Gladstone gull

To: Jeff Davies <>
Subject: Gladstone gull
From: Rohan Clarke <>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 09:29:32 +1100
Hi All,

Thanks to Jeff D and Tony K for feedback. Having opened a few books this morning I too am now more convinced that it is a Kelp Gull.

Any large gull in the northern half of Australia is a rarity so congrats to Ben Weston on the find and many thanks to Bill and Jack Moorhead for
following up and documenting the bird with such a nice range of images.

Cheers,
Rohan

--
Rohan Clarke
www.wildlifeimages.com.au

Highlights the value of documenting and reporting any strange gull.On