birding-aus

Superb Parrots, Cudal NSW

To: <>
Subject: Superb Parrots, Cudal NSW
From: Chris Steeles <>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 22:47:42 +1030
Speaking of Superbs ! They seem to be around Wagga in good numbers at the
moment. I encountered this beautiful species 6 times without even searching for
them during a week long stay over Christmas. Most were seen just west of Wagga
along or near the Sturt Highway. I stay at a property abutting the Kapooka Army
Base which seems to be a Superb magnet with it's big Gums and lush grounds.
They often fly overhead back and forth between the Murrumbidgee River and the
Army Base. All up I saw 13 birds with the largest flock being 6 birds strong,
other than that they generally single or in pairs.
Chris Steeles
www.chrissteelesbirding.com