birding-aus

Tasmanian Non-Endemics

Subject: Tasmanian Non-Endemics
From: "" <>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 06:43:09 +0800

Hey all,

This coming Sunday the family and I will drive down to Melbourne from Sydney and
catch the ferry over to Devonport. From Devonport we head west to Temma (nr
Arthur
River), back over to Cradle Mountain, across to Launceston and then St Helens.
Down
to Coles Bay and down again to Port Arthur, through Hobart to Bruny Island,
back to
Hobart across to Strahan and then up to Devonport for the departing ferry. We
will
be in Tassie from the 20th Dec to the 3rd Jan.

I have done extensive trawling through the archives and other birding sites for
information, especially on the 12 endemics. However, my mainland list still
lacks a
few birds which are deemed reasonably easy to find in Tas, I was hoping someone
could assist on providing info/sites for the following species:

Ground Parrot
Blue-winged Parrot
Fairy Tern
Olive Whistler