birding-aus

VicTwitch 2010

To: "" <>, "" <>, "" <>
Subject: VicTwitch 2010
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:15:39 +1100
". Baillon's Crake - worth trying Banyule Flats - but you may need to get wet.
I've done this several times. Also Blue Lake Reserve at Ocean Grove, Lake
Wendouree, Mill Park Lakes."

Tim, have you actually seen a Baillon's Crake at any of these places this
season? Peter Fuller may be right that the reason we aren't seeing them is
because water levels are too high, but I'm wondering if they just aren't around.

There have only been 3 Vic Birdlines for them since February, and 2 of those
were in the far north of the state. It's true they'd be hard to see with these
high water levels, but surely if they were here in normal numbers there'd be a
few more sightings than that.

Peter Shute

Sent using BlackBerry