birding-aus

Subject: [Birding-Aus] Re: Canon Cameras

Subject: Subject: [Birding-Aus] Re: Canon Cameras
From: Belinda Cassidy <>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 11:58:59 +1000
Regarding 2 X extenders, I have the Kenko version, which will auto focus on
my slower telephoto lenses without taping pins. AF accuracy & speed is not
crash hot, so I don't use it much.

I don't think I'll ever fall in love with 2 X extenders, but I can say that
as my post processing technique & software has improved, I have become a lot
happier with extenders. The 1.4 X extender pretty much lives on my 300 f/4
IS. I'm very happy with it. I've captured some decent shots with the 2 X
Kenko, but it was just a hassle because of the AF hunting.

I'm green with envy of you guys who own 500mm and longer lenses, and that
you are able to handle them! I was grateful to learn that the 500 f/4 is
well balanced for hand held work too. Thanks a lot for the info!

Cheers,
Belinda